Can I leave the premises?

You may leave at the end of the term. If you want to go before the end of the term, the landlord may agree a surrender or assignment, but otherwise may hold you liable for rent and other outgoings for the remainder of the tenancy. If the lease has extended beyond the date specified in the lease, you will need to give the landlord at least three months’ notice; your solicitor will be able to advise you on precisely how much notice you need to give. Section 27(1) of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 gives an option to the tenant to serve notice three months before the end of the term that he/she does not wish it to be renewed.


With over 40 years experience in providing expert advice in  the acquisition, disposal, rent reviews, lease renewals & dilapidation issues of office suites/buildings in London.


48 Charles Street, Mayfair, London, W1J 5EN


 020 7499 6070


Simon Korn


© Simon Korn 2019. Blog and Privacy Policy

Coronavirus (Covid-19) Reduce Your Retail or Office Rent

Having trouble keeping up payments of your Office or Retail Rent due to Coronavirus (Covid-19)…Simon Korn can help get your office rent reduced. We have worked through 3 previous recessions and can help get your retail rent reduced to help your Business through Coronavirus. We have helped companies in financial difficulties to reduce their office or retail rent. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL IT’S TOO LATE.
Call now for immediate assistance – 020 7499 6070 or Email Simon Korn at [email protected]